A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dave's Trail Cam Pix

This is a first.....I got an owl on camera! Mean looking dude too!!

...and a deer licking her lips over C'Mere Deer. Still no fawns, but I know they are born because I've found their tracks...



Dave, who lives in Indiana, sent me trail cam pictures the other day and wanted to share them with you in our great outdoors.
He said, I suited up and retrieved five trail cameras that I had in various woods. The first one (above) is one I've been waiting for.....this doe finally turned so that I could easily see her udder filled out and tell that she has had her fawns and is nursing...

The next is what I believe to be a color phase red fox with a variant black tip tail... If so, it is very very uncommon... It's absolutely not a coyote, and the grey fox does not have the black legs... I'm still taking this picture under advisment but so far have not gotten any response from those more expert than I...

The other is a young buck just starting to develop his antlers (velvet phase) who looks to be startled by the camera...

I have some 300 pictures to go through and aprox. 40, ten to thirty-second video clips to edit... That will take hours upon hours and I probably won't publish them until sometime next week... Hope you enjoy...
D. Robert (Dave) Quick
QUOTE: "Lord, please help me to be just half the man my dog thinks I am"...
MY DISCUSSION FORUM:HFH DISCUSSION FORUMS
Don't tell GOD how big your storm is.
Tell the storm how Big your GOD is!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave got some nice pics, I saw my first antelope fawn for the season the other day, but I was on my bike and didn't have my camera.

SimplyOutdoors said...

Some great trailcam pictures. The owl one is awesome.

CDGardens said...

Really good pictures! Always fun to see those night time pictures with the demon eye reflections.;)

Tom Sorenson said...

You ain't kiddin' - that is one mean lookin' owl!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Love the green eyes!

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks everyone...will be posting more in the future, so keep checking back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...