A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Meeting Kevin!

Sunday afternoon my daughter, granddaughter and I met with Kevin at the Olive Garden in Central Park in Fredericksburg, VA. The first thing I noticed was this tall nice looking guy standing at the door with antler sheds across his beige T-shirt and a big smile on his face...I knew at once this was Kevin! He was very cordial and we all really enjoyed visiting with him. We talked about OBS and how we were looking forward to meeting all our blogger friends in St. Louis, MO, next year in March, especially Kristine. We also talked about Rex and how he was looking forward to hunting at his Christmas Place Hunting Club and said he will try to outsmart old Thunderhoof. We mentioned Ivan in Peru and Othmar in Canada. He told us of a bear he harvested four weeks ago with his bow. I asked him about his Moose Hunt Fundraiser and how things were going with that. I only knew what Kevin looked like from his old profile picture of laying on the side of a hill with a cool hat on...I asked him where it was and he said in his truck...I wanted a picture with and without his hat on. He is a very busy man and had had a business meeting that morning and was preparing for a trip to Ohio later that evening. What a treat it was to meet someone you know online in person. Maybe next time when I come up to Virginia, we will have Matt join us and have our own little summit. Charming, Just Charming!

4 comments:

SimplyOutdoors said...

Cool!

I am looking forward to meeting everyone next year in St. Louis. I know it is going to be great time.

That is very cool that you and Kevin got to meet.

Thanks again Marian for stopping by my site while you were on vacation. I appreciate it.

Marian Ann Love said...

Yes, I was fortunate...he's really a nice guy. I also look forward to meeting you as well in St. Louie...and the pleasure was mine stopping by your site. Take care my friend (SimplyOutdoors). :)

Anonymous said...

That is so great that you got to meet Kevin. It is always fun to meet someone that you know through the online world.

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful time and this might be the last picture ever without my hat.... I had a fun time and really enjoyed the conversation and getting to meet your Daughter & Granddaughter. I enjoyed the visit and I really look forward to St. Louis.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...