A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Now you see it-now you don't!


A huge 200 year old tree was cut down in the last couple of days up the street from where we live. Drummond Street above used to have a lot of old trees that lined the roadway. It was a beautiful drive down this street but now the trees are slowly being cut down. In fact we have three old trees next door and one is leaning over our home. I just love the old trees but they can be very destructive as well. One year when we had an ice storm, we had a limb to break and hit our home. It was really scary. I don't know what the reason for this tree to be cut down but could have been one of the limbs that reached mid-way across the street. It's sad to see these beautiful old trees cut down but more than likely it was a hazard to either the roadway or to the owners.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can certainly see both sides of the story. I love big, shaded type trees also. However, when some of those old limbs snap, danger could come crashing down.

SimplyOutdoors said...

That was one huge tree. I can understand needing to cut it down, though.

Wish you lived closer, we have a tree that needs taken care of. Maybe whoever cut that down could swing on by:)

CDGardens said...

I love big old trees.

However, they are a task to reckon with when they all decide to fall down for one reason or another. ;)

Those trees will be missed when it comes time for shade.

GUYK said...

I do hate to take out a tree but when it comes between my house and the tree the tree is gonna go! I has a couple of big post oaks taken out last fall...hated to lose them but as you say,they can be destructive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...