A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Friendly Squirrel

Hi there...I'm your friendly squirrel!

It has to be here somewhere!

Bottoms up!

You can't find me!

I don't have to go very far to capture a picture to post.  Everyday while I'm sitting at my computer desk posting away, I have a visitor who comes to see me.  We live in a cypress home with pecky cypress shutters on the side of a hill and I usually open my shutters to get light in and everyday this squirrel shows up.  We have a big oak tree next to our home in the backyard and I can see him come running down and then jumps over and plays on the back porch.  The other day I grabbed my camera and this is what I got.  He sees me and then he goes to my watering can to check it out.  A few months back I took a picture of him with a nut in his mouth but it turned out very blurry, so now I'm thinking maybe he's looking for his nut in my watering can!  So cute! 

6 comments:

The Hunter's Wife said...

They are so cute. My Mom and Dad feed theirs and one ended up in the house. lol

Marian Ann Love said...

Yes, they are Jody and sometimes I leave our wooden back door cracked open for Katie (peek-a-poo) to go out on the porch and afraid that one day my friendly squirrel will decide to come inside! :)

Editor said...

did you lose your shotgun?

CDGardens said...

That's a sweet story. Those little squirrels can get pretty inquisitive. ;)

Marian Ann Love said...

Editor - why would I want to shoot my friendly squirrel? ;)

CDGardens...just like a cat! :)


Thanks guys for coming by to visit with my squirrel! :)

Anonymous said...

Squirrels can be so funny to watch with their high wire acts jumping from tree to tree.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...