A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, July 22, 2016

Mr. Nuts In Hog Heaven!

The spotlight on Mr. Nuts!

My Facebook hog killing friend, Kareen Beinhauer, of Alpine, Texas, finally got the nasty old hog she named, Mr. Nuts.  Here is the story in her own words of how she finally got him last night! 

I am back in from sitting out. Before I got to the feeder in the Kawasaki, I looked to my right and there were some sows and young ones. I went on to the feeder and put one on top but they ran off up the hill which I decided was better because I did not want any other hogs to hear the gunshot. Javelin's were there and hungry and they finally looked up and ran off. I put my ear plugs in and took the safety off because the way they ran off I knew hogs were coming in. Sure enough, Mr. Nuts. He spooked a little but finally settled down to eat and I thought, screw a lung shot, I am taking a head shot as I had made sure my red dot was spot on. Dropped him in his tracks but I noticed his eyes were still blinking so I kept shooting him until I was absolutely sure he was dead!!! OMG!! What a hog!! I have been hunting him for at least two years and I can't believe he came in tonight!! Will post pictures next and for sure will take a picture of him hanging from the backhoe and hopefully get him weighed. RIP Mr. Nuts, you were a worthy opponent. Whoever says still hunting is boring is nuts, pardon the pun! LOL

Mr. Nuts weighed in at 250 lbs.

Way to go Kareen!  So freaking proud of you!  

My congrats to my hunting friend in our great wild outdoors!

Mr. Nuts tusks!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...