A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, December 28, 2020

One-Eye - A Birthday Gift For Kareen, The Hog Queen


My Facebook friend, Kareen Beinhauer finally got a chance to killed the one-eye hog for her birthday on December 27th. She lives in Alpine, TX, and below is the hunt in her own words in the great State of Texas!

I was sitting out sometime before 6:30 p.m. Javelinas were there eating but then left. I told myself I probably would not see anything as that has been the case lately. I could see well with the moon being almost full. Two more javelinas came in and started eating but I noticed they kept looking to my left. Then I saw the shadow and knew it was a hog because of the way it moved and the size. He was very, very cautious. Stood there for a few minutes then he would take a few steps forward, stop and smell and then move forward some more. At one point he had come in and started eating and those javelinas ran in front of my blind and that spooked him but he didn't go far. I slowly took the blanket off my shoulders, put my earplugs in, took the rifle safety off, and started looking at him through my scope. At first, I had no shot as his butt was to me but as soon as he turned and gave me a good side shot I took him out, and down he went. I could tell he was not going to be getting back up and he did quite the death dance. Guess who it was? One-eye! Makes me so happy and since tomorrow is my birthday, Happy Birthday to me! Pics to follow!



My congratulations to Kareen on getting the one-eye hog as a birthday gift.

1 comment:

Gorges Smythe said...

Congratulations to Kareen. At this rate, the hogs may take out a contract on her! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...