A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

From The Land of Legends


Last week I asked Rob, one of my MySpace friends, to share one of his memorable hunting stories with me to post on my Blog. He willingly accepted the invitation! The rest of the week you will get to know Rob and one of his hunts of a life time. He lives in Kerrville, TX and is 47 years old and works as an Information Technology Consultant there. Today I will post - in his own words - about himself so you can get to know him. Check out my blog everyday this week so you can see how his greatest bowhunt plays out, including pictures of his first Pope and Young harvest in our great outdoors.

I’m a Dad, ex-military officer and an outdoor kind of guy centered with God, country, family and friends enjoying life’s blessings. I have a big penchant for fun, laughter and always view life in a very positive manner. I’m a straight up guy, it’s how I live. Life is way too short for fluff and games. I enjoy travel, camping, hiking, kayaking the Guadalupe River, archery, fishing/hunting, golf, surfing, evenings in any city, nights under the stars, thunderstorms during warm summer nights, campfires, everything water and recreation, the ocean-mountains-desert-woodlands and everything in the USA. I enjoy meeting new friends and playing catch up with old friends. I have a passion for photography, most particularly outdoor photography and enjoy pursuing that one photographic moment, where ever that moment takes me. I love muscle cars and periodically roll the Texas Hill County, in a classic Z/28, going to no place in particular taking all things in. During my early years I wore a uniform and served my country giving it my all. The highs and lows mixed with heavy shots of adrenaline in a true humanitarian mission at sea became a part of me. I could not leave it, I was addicted, and during this period of my life, I honestly thought this world was normal living. The excitement and adventure of never knowing what Mother Nature would bring, how challenging the situation was at hand, coupled with saving lives in the worst of situations was the ultimate reward. In retrospect, I would do it all over again - OH YEAH! We pushed our lives at times, God watching over us, and we did everything we could possible do. The ultimate America’s Team - SEMPER PARATUS! God Bless those who lost a love one at Sea. “Fair Winds and Following Seas” to the souls we could not save. Good deeds will be rewarded when you least expect it. So live life pure, stay positive, focused and follow your heart. Smile like you have never smiled before, even when it hurts inside. In time that smile will take over everything you do. Embrace change, learn to give unselfishly, live your life as if it’s your last day on Earth. Always remember to give thanks, show love and God Bless! Rob
(Rob's hunting story starts March 26, 2008)

1 comment:

JDP said...

Living in Texas, deer hunting and driving through the Texas Hill County, in a classic Z/28. Man it does not get much better than that.

JDP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...