A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Zeppelin in Town


This afternoon Bob and I went to McDonald's for an ice creme cone and was driving on the frontage road when Bob spotted a zeppelin. It came across I-20 headed south. I decided to go back to the house and grab my camera since we were only 2 miles from the house. I jumped back in the truck and headed towards the lookout over the MS River. Took a picture of it and it looked like it was headed north towards town. So I took off towards town but saw it turn again in the opposite direction, so I just went back to the house. Bob had stayed at the house because our next door neighbor was coming over to visit us. When I got back home I showed Bob and Tricia (our neighbor) the pictures I took of the zeppelin. Tricia then went to our back door and said I hear it and looked up and saw it going overhead. I grabbed my camera again for another shot as it went over our house. I haven't seen one of these since I was real young but it had flown much lower. It was pretty cool to see one fly over our city since you don't see one of these everyday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is pretty cool. Wonder what they were doing in your neck of the woods.

Marian Ann Love said...

I'm assuming advertisement...most likely will be in today's paper. The radio announcer said it must have taken a long time to blow it up...LOL...he said it is moored at the Airport. Thanks for coming by Kristine! :)

SimplyOutdoors said...

Very cool. We see them go over our house every once in awhile too. Usually they are headed for to a race track or stadium we have not very far from us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...