A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Brigadier General Tilghman, CSA




One of the thousands of monuments in our Vicksburg National Military Park that I took last week. This is Brigadier General Lloyd Tilghman, CSA, who commanded the First Brigade of Loring's Division. He was killed May 16, 1863 near the close of The Battle of Champions Hill, Mississippi. When I was young my mother had a picture of me taken at the base of this statue. I also have a picture of my first daughter and one my granddaughters by the same stature. A very popular monument in our civil war park. I like shooting different angles with my camera. You can get a different perspective.

6 comments:

Tom Sorenson said...

Someday I would love to get back thre and visit the civil war battlefields and monuments. History is so intriguing and we learn so much from it.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks for coming by Tom...I'm so fortunate to have this park in my hometown. It's hard to believe that a civil war was fought here.

I was just at your site getting ready to add you to my blogroll. By the way, good story about the Spring Bear Hunt of 2008.

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures Marian. I love old statues.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks Kristine...will have more to come....

SimplyOutdoors said...

Very cool. I love civil war stuff. Great pictures.

Anonymous said...

It always amazes me the people from right here in this area that have never visited the Nat'l park! It's a wonderful asset that we've got, and everyone from anywhere near the area should visit and become familar with, so when our family and friends visit, or even strangers inquire what there is to do in this neck of the woods it should be at the top of the 'to do' list.
-Al

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...