A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Marian's Favorite Things

With apology to "The Sound Of Music"

Raindrops on antlers,
And whiskers on beavers,
Bright copper bullets
And warm camo mittens.
Brown venison packages
Tied up with string,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Tan colored buck deer
And crisp footfalls stop here
Gunshots and sleighbells
And deer steak with noodles,
Wild geese that fly
With a bead on their wings,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Deer with wide racks and tracks with red splashes,
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes,
Silver white winters that the rut brings
These are a few of my favorite things.

When the does bite,
When the bucks scrapes,
When I’m feeling sad.
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don’t feel so bad!


My favorite huntress and blogger

2 comments:

CDGardens said...

Very nice Rex.

Marian Ann Love said...

My thanks Rex for being a deer friend and mentor. Marian :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...