A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, November 05, 2018

Laney's Very First Buck!

I'm so proud of Laney getting her very first deer!  I saw her last night at my Great Grandson Ian's Birthday Party at the Margaritaville Hotel & Family Entertainment Center.  He had friends and family to come and celebrate his special day and afterward they all played arcade games.  

While visiting with Laney's Mom, Amber she showed me a picture of her very first deer a six-point buck that she got while hunting with her Grandpa Frank.  I'm so proud of her and it reminded me of my first deer as well, a six-point buck in Claiborne County on opening day. 

This past Saturday, November 3rd was opening day of rifle season for the MS Deer Youth Hunt.  I asked Laney to tell me the story behind her hunt and this is what she had to say.

She went hunting with her Grandpa Frank to a camp Hwy 61 South of town and they got in a stand about 4 feet off the ground.  She explained to me that there were several shooting lanes they could watch from the stand.  She saw this buck in one of the lanes and was able to get ready and when he crossed over into the next lane she aimed behind his shoulder and shot.  It was 4:25 pm.  With her Grandpa they tracked her deer and he proudly took pictures with her trophy.  

I know how excited he must have felt for her since I have taken my daughters, granddaughters, and grandsons hunting with me.  My congratulations to Laney on getting her very first deer in our great wild and wonderful Mississippi outdoors.  She is officially a deer huntress now and putting meat on the table!  I'm sure she will have her trophy six-point mounted.  I did too!  Way to go Laney!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...