A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, November 19, 2018

An Opening Day Afternoon Hunt

This past Saturday was opening day for rifle season in Mississippi and I was invited for an afternoon hunt south of town off of Hwy 61 in our great wild Mississippi outdoors!  


Here are a few pictures I took while on a stand called the "Shooting House" which was right off the main road.  


I was told that deer will cross the road at the end.

So I took a close-up to where the deer will walk by.


Me in the stand waiting and watching!

My rifle is ready to go!


At about 5:05 I had a chipmunk to almost climb in with me and I grabbed my phone to take his picture and then he ran across the road.  When I looked back up I saw a doe about 75-80 yards crossing over the road in front of me.  I took a quick picture and put my phone down and grabbed my .270 and my walking stick to brace my gun.  By that time another doe came in while the other one was out of site and put the crosshairs on her but not soon enough to put on fire and had the back in of the deer. I was hoping for a buck to come in behind the does but he never showed up.  Even though I did not get a deer it was so enjoyable to just see two which made it a great hunt and to get back into the woods again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...