A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Billy Bob!

I took this picture one day last week of our tabby-point bob tail cat named, Billy Bob. He is almost 14 years old now. My oldest daughter, Theresa and I were in the driveway one day talking and heard a faint meow. When we looked over into the ivy, we spotted this cute little ball of fur. She picked him up and we played with him for a little while and decided to take him inside. I bathed him and put baby powder on him. Then there was a knock at the door and this little boy from next door wanted to know if we had seen a little white cat and I told him yes. He told me that he had named him Snowball. So, I reluctantly handed him back and about an hour later there was another knock at the door. The little boy brought him back and said his mother told him to give it to me since I had cleaned him up and took good care of him. It just so happened that this litter of kittens were brought into town from a farm and somehow Billy Bob got away and came over to our house. He has been with us ever since. I named him after a friend of ours named Billy and Bob my husband.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I saw his picture, I thought something terrible had happened!!! Yay, Billy Bob!! Under that gruff exterior is a sweet old kitty cat!!!!!! May he live many more years!!!

Anonymous said...

He looks sort of like his trying to perfect his Clint Eastwood look. You know, that squinty stare he used in the Dirty Harry movies?

Billy Bob looks like a sweetheart.

Editor said...

hey, I love cats but Denise is allergic. Good pic.
Hope Bob is OK. Let me know.

Anonymous said...

he looks like a wise old soul! My cat is a reformed barn cat. Not too bright so probably wouldn't have made it if she didn't move indoors. She would nuzzle up to a hungry coyote for affection.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...