A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Skinning out my 8 pt!

Taking a much needed break at the deer camp at Brown's Point Hunting Club. The task is done! Charming, Just Charming!


The next day in the great outdoors, I got the job of skinning out my first 8 point.
Bob pulled my 8 pt. out of the suburban to show the hunters and then we left the camp again to take it into town to show the family. At midnight (New Year's) we were in the middle of the Yazoo River on a ferry bringing it back to the camp. A long and exciting day to remember!
Bob took this picture of my deer from the backside. A different angle for sure and such a bright idea!
I give my husband Bob much of the CREDIT for my SUCCESS. It seems that on the morning hunt I saw several deer from my stand while Bob did not see any from his. Over lunch, Bob suggested that we switch stands for the afternoon's hunt. The rest is history made by a Dixie Lady Deer Hunter!

5 comments:

Editor said...

you are going to need a bigger knife for our deer.

Marian Ann Love said...

HOLY MOLEY!!!

BobG said...

What rifle are you using?

Anonymous said...

You would have figured this out soon enough, I suppose ... but your link to 'your' Bob at the bottom of your post links up to my post. And because I'm a Bob too, I'm sure we are confusing hell out of everyone right now, including your husband.

:)

Have a great weekend.

Marian Ann Love said...

bobg - using a .270 Ruger Featherweight!
bobbarama - It's OK...my Bob is scared of my computer...so he does not know. I want tell! :)
Thanks to both of you for coming by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...