A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, December 01, 2008

No Deer - Just Wild Turkeys!

While sitting on my deer stand I decided to pull a "his-self" who takes pictures of his shoes!

This is to the right of my deer stand going towards the camp house. I have seen deer cross this road coming up the hill from the left to the right side. The Big Black River is to the far right.

To the left of my stand is the road going towards the main gate. My grandson shot at a big buck as it was crossing this road last year, but missed. The land abuts two deer camps, Mill Pond and Homewood Hunting Club.

Looking down towards the bottom of the hill where I saw 6 wild turkeys walk by. It was a very windy day and I enjoyed just sitting there and waiting for a deer to appear and watching squirrels, chipmunks and birds at my camp, Jasper Bottom Hunting Club in Claiborne County. I have actually harvest a doe coming up the hill towards the road a few years ago. It was good to know that there were three other hunters there just in case I harvested a deer and needed help. I have hunted this land for over 22 years now and where I harvested my first deer, a six point buck opening day near the Big Black River in our great outdoors!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice looking place! Lokks nice and peaceful!

CDGardens said...

I bet you saw a lot of nice little creatures while you were on your deer stand. Turkeys can certainly be entertaining comedians.

Quiet is good. ;)

Marian Ann Love said...

Yes, quiet is good. I really enjoyed being on the stand and watching nature go by. Thanks for coming by cdgardens and Adam!

"his-self" said...

Those are very nice looking feet! In perfect fashion for the intended purpose. Keep up the good work!

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks his-self for the compliment....you made me do it!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...