A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Rogue Huntress

I noticed a new follower on my site yesterday and decided to check it out and see what it was all about.  I saw that The Rogue Huntress is a hunting lady by the named of Laura and she lives in Manitoba, Canada.  Her new blog is called The WhiteTailed Doe.  Laura went on her first hunting trip three years ago as an observer and the next fall she went rifle hunting.  She harvested three deer and was hooked.  She said she received archery lessons as a gift for Christmas that same year and in the following fall of 2009 she hunted with her new bow.  Since it was a warm season she did not get a deer.  She is looking forward to this season in getting the buck she has been watching.  She even bought her a new deer stand and was looking forward to this hunting season and have everything set up in time.  But her luck changed when her hunting friend was assaulted and badly injured and will take months for him to recover.  She is still trying to get her stand set up and find a good spot to hunt in time.  I do hope things will work out for Laura and that she will find someone to help her since archery season opens August 30 and black bear on the 25th.  Go over and wish her good luck and I'm going to encourage her to join our Outdoor Bloggers Summit so she can get a good support team going in her favor in our great wild outdoors.

The Rogue Huntress par excellence!

4 comments:

whitetail outfitter said...

Wow thats great! I love to see women getting into the sport also.

Anonymous said...

Welcome Laura to our blogging family. I surely hope you will enjoying being here.

Whitetail Woods Blog / Muzzleloader Testing

Rogue Huntress said...

Thank you Marian for writing all of this about me! I am truly flattered :)

Marian Ann Love said...

You are so welcome Laura...it was my pleasure! I hope you have the best hunting season ever! I'm routin for ya! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...