A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, October 08, 2010

Mike's Bow Harvest

Mike (mrjbigfoot) my CamoSpace friend.

Took a 6-point Saturday evening, thought he was an 8 but I put an arrow right through his heart. Had 4 bucks moving around within 75-80 yards of me out in a big woods along with a doe and 2 yearlings that were 80 yards away out in a field edge. Then 2 of the bucks saw the doe and came running in at an angle to bring them to about 30 yards out and the bigger of the 2 stopped with his head behind a big tree but giving me a beautiful angling in shot on his vitals so I let the arrow fly! It went through his heart and stopped in his opposite leg bone and I could see the arrow hanging out as he ran. He only made it 30 yards and dropped about 40 yards from my stand where I could clearly see him laying there on the ground. I was about 25 feet up a nice tree in my climber! When I got down and drug him out to the field edge, the rain stopped, a little sun broke through a hole in the clouds and a beautiful rainbow dropped down on the other side of the field!

What a beautiful way to end a successful hunt!  Congrats Mike!
Posted from the Senior Center

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...