A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, September 08, 2012

Bob Richardson's Monster 500lb. Bear

Bob Richardson with his 500lb. plus monster bear that he recently harvested in Canada.  

Bob Richardson, my Facebook friend, is the host of ScentBlocker Most Wanted on the Outdoor Channel with Larry Woodward, Scott Shultz and co-host Lauren Thomas at the command center.  Bob said on his FB page, "I guess lightning can strike three times!  I thought I was lucky to kill two monster bears in the last three years but a few weeks ago while filming a new episode of ScentBlocker Most Wanted in Canada, I was able to kill this 500 lb. plus giant black bear."  He said, "I know my Scentblocker suit was working, the big bear was sometimes 15 yards downwind and never got spooked."  My congrats to Bob on getting this monster bear in our great wild outdoors.  

Bear on trail cam before the kill.

Bob got the bear on August 17th on his 3rd day of hunting but started getting his Cuddleback pictures on the 14th.  "He said, I passed eight other bears and some OK bears.  If you want to kill a big bear sometimes it takes patience and you usually see most hunters shoot the first bear they see and the hunt is over.  But on the other hand, I've passed up many bears and gone home with nothing."  He said, "to shoot what makes YOU happy."  "The two other bigger bears was from the same area.  It's good to be lucky!  Our trail cam pictures tells the whole story for all three bears. They were there so I just had to wait!  Patience kills!"

Website, ScentBlocker Most Wanted, tells you that the hunter is like a detective pursing his fugitive.  Finding  clues, uncovering the signs, the tracks, the food, the water, etc.  The trail cameras tells the read story.  We track'em down!  We go after them and bring it all to you on this season's Most Wanted!  Central TV show times are: Monday at 6:30, Tuesday at 12:30, Saturday at 9:30 and Sunday at 8:30. Check it out!

Bob's two big black bears that are mounted at the studio, but not complaining that they take up too much room!  Way to go Bob and it's the nicest black bear mount I've ever seen.  My congrats!  


With hunting season fast approaching, I have decided once a week to feature a Facebook friend with their adventures in our great wild outdoors!  

2 comments:

Lindsjö taxar said...

Wow, what a huge bear. Can´t wait for our season begins, 1st Oct we will go out with our dogs and hunt roes. On 8th Oct starts the moosehunt.

Marian Ann Love said...

Yes, he's a pretty big fella alright! Good Luck on your roes and moose hunts...will try to get by soon to visit you. GOODHUNTING my friend! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...