A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, September 14, 2012

More River Pictures

I guess by now you know I like to take pictures of all kinds of river traffic.  In the picture above, I have no idea what he is doing there unless clearing the bend of sand.  Two days later he is in the same position and around the bend was another big rig.  Picture taken on September 11, 2012.


Where I was standing.

Pictures taken yesterday and was surprised I could get the name off of the towboat. As we turned into the overlook he was already making his turn in the bend of the Mississippi at Vicksburg.

It was the M/V Marquette Warrior by Marquette Transportation pushing covered top hopper barges.

As the M/V Marquette Warrior makes it way to the next bend heading north, another tug boat pushing a cover top hopper barge came from the Yazoo Diversion Canal.

Did not stay long enough to see where it was headed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...