A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Hometown Christmas

I live in an historical Civil War town of Vicksburg, MS, on the mighty MS River.  I was born and raised here and never left home.  I wanted to share with you some pictures I took last Saturday night of a hometown Christmas all dressed up and getting into the spirit of Christmas.

Downtown at the corner of South and Washington Streets.  I lived 21 years at 2515 Washington Street, south of town, but our home no longer stands.

Santa and reindeer at City Hall.

Christmas Ball.

Holly

Candle with flower.

Looks like poinsettias!

Christmas stocking!

Parking area all lit up which used to be a 4 or 5 story bank here and was torn down.  You can barely make out St. Paul's Catholic Church in the background where I was first married and had all my children baptized with graduations and marriages.

Shooting star.

Christmas stocking.

Candy cane.

Another pretty candle with a flower.

Angel

The Yazoo & Mississippi Valley Station, now "The Depot" housing a museum and visitors center all dressed up for Christmas holiday.

"God's Christmas Gift," First Baptist Church on Cherry Street - every 15 minutes from the Family Life Center; majority of the program was outside.  My husband and I have been to this and it really puts you in the spirit of the REAL meaning of Christmas.

Luminaries at Glenwood Circle and area streets.



Mr. & Mrs. Robert "Bobby" Alvarado's lovely home on Cherry Street.  I know this couple very well and went to school with Mrs. Alvarado, "Myrtle," for 12 years and we are both in the same sorority together.

A lone luminary with a pretty lit bush in the background.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...