A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Dana's Nice Buck!


Dana Sanders, my friend on Facebook, who lives in Utica but from my hometown of Vicksburg, MS, killed this nice buck recently.  It looks like from the comments everyone was more excited about the food plot and wanted to know what he put on it.  (300 pounds of Ammonium Nitrate or Urea per acre)


He was back in the wood hunting this morning and this is what he had to say - Twenty-six degrees, tucked in a blind in the woods waiting for something to happen.  Geese flying high overhead and the woodies clipping the treetops.  I just love this precious time of year when it's cold.  I'm wearing my warmest Mossy Oak with my favorite rifle leaning in the corner.  Coffee is never as good as it is right now.  Thank you, Lord, for allowing this undeserving person to live in your perfect creation.  

Most of us hunters feel this way.  I know I do when I'm in the woods.  My congratulations on your nice buck, Dana and I hope this morning hunt will be as successful in our great wild Mississippi outdoors!

1 comment:

Gorges Smythe said...

Congrats to Dana!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...