A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, January 08, 2021

My Sunday Afternoon Hunt


Last Sunday my Granddaughter Victoria and hubby, Jamie invited me back to hunt again at their camp.  I took this picture of the sign on a tree at deer camp.
 

Deer horns have been on this post for years.


The deer stands locations.  


This camp goes way back in time with a shed for wheelers and for getting in/out of the weather.  Also, benches around a campfire after a hunt and a grill.  This deer camp has about 280 acres and will be logged after this hunting season.


Jamie took a picture of me with my Granddaughter Victoria before our hunt. 


Jamie and Victoria helped me get set up at a deer stand, and off they went hunting.


I was told that this is a crossing for deer in the late afternoon to go to a pond to the right.


I accidentally took this picture looking at my phone but you can see my .270 rifle.


Me under a deer stand waiting for a deer to walk by.  I wish I could climb in a deer stand but can't anymore with one bad knee, and a replacement in the other one.   I will be turning 80 years old on the 27th of this month.  Happy Birthday to me!  A milestone in my life!


A tree limb laying next to my left.


The forest floor.


I took this picture as the sun was setting behind my stand.  Had a nice relaxing hunt but no deer walked by but enjoyed being in the great wild Mississippi outdoors.

1 comment:

Gorges Smythe said...

Like they say, even a bad day in the woods beats a good day at the office, and there ARE no bad days in the woods.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...