A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Natchez Trip For Covid Shot & Out To Eat

On Tuesday, January 26, I traveled to Natchez, MS to get my Covid shot with three other friends.  The process was very well organized and got the shot in my right arm by an Army Soldier.  I go back in two weeks for the second dose.  Here are some pictures I took while on my trip. 


We got a sticky Covid label to say we got the shot.


Afterward, we stopped at a memorial site to check out how to get to a restaurant that was recommended to us.  Looking at the bridges and the Mississippi River in Natchez, MS. 


I turned around and took this picture of the memorial.


Jane, Shirley, and Steve.


U. S. Flag in the center. (Did not get the name of the memorial)


Steve took this picture of us ladies.


While waiting for the restaurant to open, I saw this old fire lookout tower through the trees and took a picture of it.  I have been up in one of these years ago.  In fact, Jane used to work with the U. S. Forestry Service and had to climb up in them regularly.  


I highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the area.  It was very rustic inside with two bars.  We all had the catfish platter, and it was delicious.  


I love the planter in the front yard of the restaurant.  


A picture of the Roux 61 sign!  It was like a mini-vacation for all of us to get out and enjoy the drive and going out to eat.  In two weeks we are looking forward to eating out at Natchez Under-The-Hill near the Mississippi River.  

2 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Be sure and let us know if you have any side effects. Some folks do and some folks don't.

Marian Ann Love said...

The only side effect I had was a sore arm, somewhat swollen and feverish red spots for about 3 days. Took Ibuprofen and Tylenol as a preventive measure. It helped. Swelling going down and redness is fading. So far so good, Gorges. Go back in 2 weeks for the second one shot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...