A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, February 02, 2018

A Sunday Morning Hunt

We got lucky that 80% chance of rain did not happen as predicted for the last weekend of hunting season.  We all thought it was going to be a washout but most of the weather stayed further south of us. 


Rex (Deer Camp Blog) decided to take me back to the Game Warden Stand where I had hunted Friday afternoon and saw two deer.  After he dropped me off I got set up and waited.  My hunt lasted for 3 hours.  While on my phone I heard a snap and knew it was a deer coming.  Scoping I saw her through some brush that helped to hide me under the stand.  The doe was near the same spot Friday afternoon where I saw two does.  As she fed I watched and after a while decided to take a shot but missed again.  Instead of running across the field she doubled back where she came from.  I waited and walked out to where I saw her and found no blood.  Rex came at 8:45 thinking I may have a deer on the ground but he looked for it in the wooded area but nothing.  Looks like I need to practice shooting my rifle more which is my number one priority to do this year before next deer season. 

To the far right is where the deer came out on a foggy Sunday morning.  I heard a deer step on a twig or branch before I saw it was a doe.  

Took a selfie while hunting!

Wildlife refuge just beyond the tree line.

Deer tracks in the field.

Rex double checking the woods for the doe.

The buggy parked where the doe came out.

Bad Boy Buggy waiting to take us back to camp without a deer.  

Rex's nice drop-tine buck he got this hunting season.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...