A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Picnic & Walk In The Park

My daughter Debra Ann called me that she and daughter Lucy with my great-grandson Will and Maylee were in town at the park walking.  She wanted to know if I would like to meet them in the park for a picnic.  I was happy to get out and enjoyed the day with them.  It was very windy and spring-like.  We all enjoyed our visit very much and they left to go back to Raymond, MS.  I decided to take a short walk in the park to get some much-needed exercise.  

Looking towards the backside of U.S.S. Cairo from picnic tables.

Debra  (Nanny for Maylee) and Lucy with Will.

Little Maylee was not very happy.

Lucy (Mom) and William David "Will" is almost 5 months old. 

Will getting ready to fuss on a very windy day.

Will closed his eyes for me.  

Looking at the U.S. S. Cairo while entering Vicksburg National Cemetery.

17,000 Union soldiers buried here and 

about 13,000 are unknown.

This very old tree is finally dead...if it could only talk.

Getting ready to walk in the park.

Passing by the private Anshe Chesed Cemetery adjacent to the park.  

Watch your step...ant mounds all over the park.

I walked to the Jefferson Davis's monument.  

Walking past the Vicksburg National Miltary Park visitors center and heading back to my truck to leave.  It was a really nice day with family to remember on a windy and nice 83-degree weather.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...