A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Becoming a Huntress!

I received an e-mail yesterday from a real nice up and coming lady hunter by the name of Holly. She lives in Northern California in the city of Sacramento and is a Faculty Advisor at CA State University. She has started a new blog about being a new woman hunter. Her blog is called, NorCal Cazadora - Becoming a Huntress. She writes that NorCal Cazadora is a rare bird in the world of hunters - a woman in an arena dominated by men. She claims that she is a late starter who didn't pick up a shotgun until the age of 41. This blog is her journey into this new world. She explains that Cazadora is Spanish for "huntress". Go over to her new blog and give her a nice warm welcome into the great outdoors of hunting. This is a sweetthing!

4 comments:

Holly Heyser said...

Thanks, Marian! We'll see how good of a huntress I am this weekend - got a pheasant hunt on Saturday and a duck hunt on Sunday. Looks like rain for pheasant day (boo) and no rain for duck day (boo hoo!). Wish me luck, everyone!

Marian Ann Love said...

You are welcome...I wish you all the luck this weekend. You can do it - I know you can! :)

Anonymous said...

I stopped by and took a look. I'm guessing I'll be back.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks kristine...I know she appreciates you coming by and leaving a comment. I know I do!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...