A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, November 12, 2007

Ready for Gun Season!

I finally got to shoot my .270 Ruger and hit almost dead center. Dead Deer! Greg shot his Dad's gun and the bullets holes are left/right of the centered one while zeroing in. Charming, Just Charming!



Yesterday afternoon Greg, Bob and I went down to my stepson's father-in-laws farm south of town. They have approximately 80 acres of land near the Mississippi River. We zeroed in all three guns for opening day of gun season this coming Saturday. Yay! It was such a nice afternoon to be in the great outdoors. On our way in I stopped and took pictures of two of the three horses on the farm. I love taking pictures of animals. My favorite is, according to Rex, cows!

5 comments:

GUYK said...

good shot! how do you do at 100 yards?

Rex don't know the difference between horses and cows yet?

Marian Ann Love said...

I only shot once...at 50 yards. Greg shot it at 100 and was 1-1/2 inches high...should be able to hit a deer.

GuyK you are funny! :)

Holly Heyser said...

Nice shot, Marian! First time I shot my boyfriend's .270 it felt (and looked) like someone had slugged me in the shoulder with a sledgehammer. Yowza. I went out and bought a recoil pad the next day. Much better! One of these days I'll take it out boar hunting now.

Marian Ann Love said...

Norcal Cazadora - Bob had a recoil pad mounted on my gun. It is so nice. My gun is a .270 Ruger Featherweight and not as heavy as his .270. We went boar hunting at Rex's Deer Camp Sat...will write about it tomorrow and tell you what we did see instead. :)
PS: We did eat a smoked wild hog for dinner and it was delicious!

JDP said...

Looks like you are ready. I shoot a Remington 700 BDL in .243. It has a recoil pad and a muzzle brake. It is a sweet gun. My stepfather gave it to me over 25 years ago when he lost his deer lease down in South Texas.

JDP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...