A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hunting with Poochie!

Poochie looking down in a bottom where the deer come through.

The opened field I hunted.


On my Friday hunt, Rooster put me close to a power line near the Natchez Trace Parkway. Did not see a thing. He told me it was a good spot and acorns were everywhere. The problem we realized later could have been the full moon. The deer ate all night and bedded up in the daytime. On my Saturday hunt I was hoping to get a deer but no luck again. He put me on a ridge overlooking an opened field. I was sitting there hunting from my chair when all of a sudden "Poochie" came running up the ridge. Seems that she got out of her pen and had followed our scent into the woods and somehow found me and stayed with me the hold time. I try to shoo her away, but no luck. This was a sweet little dog and when we left to come home Sunday, she came around the house to see us, like she was telling us goodbye. Rooster said that she could tree a squirrel in a heartbeat. While hunting, I watched her as she was smelling everything in the woods and her head was moving and listening to all the noises. So that was my hunt....no luck and could not get rid of the dog! Rooster called the next day and said he hunted this same ridge and saw 10 does. Whatever!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...