A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Deer Hog Hunt

Bob shedding light on Rex's ghost stories at the bonfire!


Deer in the field!


Scenery from the deer stand.


Sarah and Rex going off to hunt after dropping us off.

Game Warden's Stand

Bob and I were invited to go on a hog hunt Saturday afternoon while the young hunters were in the woods hunting. They have quite a few wild hogs at the Christmas Place Hunting Club and the herd needs to be thinned out. Rex and his daughter, Sarah, took us to his Dad's (The Chief) stand, called the Game Warden's Stand. They have seen a number of hogs off of this stand. We were excited to get a chance to do this, since we have never been on a hog hunt. As it turned out, around 5:00 we had a doe with two yearlings to walk out and about 10 minutes later another doe and a yearling. It was so nice to watch and enjoy. Bob brought his binoculars with him and we took turns watching the deer eat in their environment. It was getting pretty dark, but I went ahead and took pictures. (If you double click on the pictures you can actually see them). I'm surprised the flash did not spook the deer. We were grateful that we got the opportunity to go on a hog hunt and the bonus was five deer off of his Dad's stand in the great outdoors! This is a sweetthing!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous.

One of these days I'm gonna have to find my way out there to scare some of Rex's Christmas Place hogs.

Marian Ann Love said...

Come on down phillip...I know Rex would welcome you. You would be the one to do the job! The eatin is soooooooo good! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures. Christmas Place sure sounds great. Glad you had a good time.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks Matt - It certainly is a great place and everytime my husband and I go there it is hard to leave good people!

Holly Heyser said...

Mmmmmmmm. Hogs. Between you and Phillip, I'm starting to crave sausage.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the link. I am going to add you to my links as well.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks for coming by Arthur and for adding me! Goodhunting to ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...