A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

An Autumn Tree

My classmate (Class of 1959) and neighbor, Ina, called me the other day and said I needed to go by and take a picture of a tree one block over from me. She described how pretty it was. I grab my camera and got this shot. Actually, I only shot the base of it because the top part, the leaves were almost gone. The bottom part was still full and vibrant. The fall colors around Vicksburg are at their peak. Today, we are having a lot of rain and winds up to 25 miles per hour, so leaves are falling everywhere in our great outdoors!

5 comments:

deerslayer said...

Wow !!! such beauty and the colors are great the way they mix together in the sunlight. There are alot of trees here in Tennessee that are very colorful this year as well and my wife and I enjoy them every trip to town we make as we travel down and up the mountain. Great capture photo you took and thanks for sharing it with us.

CDGardens said...

You can still see the color contrast on those leaves. It is a pretty picture. Thanks for catching it before the wind blew all the leaves away...as it has done here for us. ;)

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks deerslayer and cdgardens for coming by and for the nice compliments. I'm so glad Ina told me about the tree. Next year I will be ready and get the whole tree! :)

JDP said...

Beautiful photo of that tree Marian. Fall has always been my favorite time of year. At least since i started deer hunting it has.

JDP

Marian Ann Love said...

Mine too jdp...I love Spring and Fall...my two favorite times of the year...thanks so much for coming by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...