A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving Write About the Good Challenge


Kristine at Outdoor Bloggers Summit invited us to write a post about someone who has mentored or inspired us to hunt or fish, or about the person who inspired us to blog.....


I’m so thankful for my 2nd husband, Bob, who introduced me to hunting. If it were not for him I would not be where I’m at today. I was 45 when I met him and did not know he was a hunter at the time. While dating he would take me with him and we would sit on a ridge or I would sit behind a ground blind and watch him hunt in his climbing deer stand. I was so impressed how hard it was to hunt and what patience. You can sit on a deer stand for days and not see a deer and then when it happens it’s very exciting. It was a rewarding experience for me to learn to hunt, bring food to the table and most of all see the sun come up in the woods and come alive with all God‘s creatures. I had never picked up a gun or even shot one until I met him and actually told him one day that I could do this! I just knew this was what I wanted to do and it has really been a very rewarding experience. Most of all, I was able to introduce the sport of hunting to my daughters, grandchildren and friends which could not have been possible if not for Bob.

I’m also thankful for my mentor, Rex, who came to my website, A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter, and encouraged me to keep my blog going which has turned into a friendship with him, his family and friends that has exceeded my expectations.

For my friends that I have come in contact with while Blogging, I feel so fortunate to have met so many nice people and a few I have met personally. I also feel as if they are all part of my extended family and I look forward to meeting them one day at our Outdoor Bloggers Summit.

5 comments:

"his-self" said...

If we really think about it we all have an awful lot to be thankful for. Even in the worst of times, our times, are so much better than for people in other parts of the world.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

CDGardens said...

It is really a great thing when you have someone interested in sharing the knowledge they have about any subject. Hunting seems to be one of the best things to share though. ;)

Marian Ann Love said...

So true his-self...wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving and very thankful for your friendship as well.

CDGardens - Hunting has opened a whole new world for me and has given me a lot of confidence.

I'm thankful for you CdGardens and being my very special friend.

Anonymous said...

Great post Marian! I look forward to someday meeting you, your husband and Rex.

Marian Ann Love said...

Matt, I look forward to meeting you as well. Thanks for coming by and reading my post. I appreciate your kind words. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...