A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Friendship!


Two years ago today, Bob and I met Rex Howell, his fiancee, Denise and his family for the first time. We were invited to meet up at his deer camp called the Christmas Place Plantation and Hunting Club on a Saturday morning. The camp is about an hour and half due northeast of Vicksburg in the Mississippi Delta. Since that time my husband and I have enjoyed the friendship of all his family and friends. Here we are standing in front of one of many Indian mounds on their property. We had so much fun riding around the camp on 4-wheelers and gators that day. It was the beginning of a wonderful friendship that my husband and I hold dear and feel very fortunate to have met such a nice man. Rex came to my website from a forum back on January 29, 2007 and signed my guestbook and it took off from there. I had even lapsed on my blogging and he encouraged me to keep blogging and soon became my mentor as well. Bob and I think the world of his family and we look forward to many more fun times together and our continued friendship. Thanks Rex!

Rex with his Dad, Hershel "Chief" Howell

4 comments:

Deer Passion said...

This is an awesome story.. and it reminds us that true friendships can blossom through the internet!

Matt said...

Cool pictures. I look forward to meeting you and Rex at the Christmas Place... someday!

CDGardens said...

Thanks for sharing...mentors are important to keep us to task at times. Certainly glad Rex was able to keep you blogging. ;)

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks Deer Passion, Matt and CdGardens for coming by and commenting. I have also enjoyed meeting you all online and hope one day we will meet. I feel like I know you already and it would make it extra special to meet you in person someday. Technology is great! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...