A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, May 31, 2009

MS River at Vicksburg Crested

What a beautiful site to see the sun break through the clouds over the Mississippi River. There will be more of the same this weekend, with mild temperatures lasting into next week. Lows will be in the 60s and highs in lower-70s. The river was at 47.5 feet this past Friday, 4-1/2 feet above flood stage. It crested earlier in the week and was expected to begin falling by Friday. (Click to enlarge and you will see a barge that has just passed under the bridges headed up the river).

This is my 1,000 post and I owe it all to Rex at Deer Camp Blog for encouraging me and challenging me to keep on blogging. It has been a very rewarding experience indeed and have met so many wonderful fellow bloggers. It has also served as an outlet for me and I look with enthusiasm to post everyday. The beauty of it all is....I know I will meet more bloggers/friends along the way to post number 2,000! Again, thanks to my dearest friend and mentor for believing in me! :)

5 comments:

CDGardens said...

Congratulations to you Mariandeer on your 1000th blog post!

Anonymous said...

That is quite the accomplishment, Marian. I admire you for being so persistent with your blogging endeavor.

Grampy said...

Very beautiful picture. The Mississippi is a fantastic River.
Thanks for visiting Grampys Place.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 1,000 post, that definately is a landmark to celebrate.

That water sure does look pretty close to the bridge.

SimplyOutdoors said...

Congrats on the 1000 posts. That is amazing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...