A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Thursday, December 07, 2017

A Saturday Afternoon Hunt

I mentioned to one of the hunters about the Privy Stand for an afternoon hunt and was told that no one had hunted it.  My plan was to get under it but when we got there it was too much growth.  Thought I might set up my ground blind to the left of the stand but decided to try the steps and was able to get up in it but with a good bit of struggle.  I know now that I can't do this again.  Either I hunt behind a ground blind are in a stand where I can just step into it or a staircase which I hunted recently in Edwards, MS and missed because my rifle was off.  It took 6 bullets to get it zeroed in.  Last season I had just had total knee replacement surgery and did not see a deer hunting off the ground and may have gotten it knocked off then.  Now, I have no excuses.  

Took a picture of Rex leaving going to hunt the Point (tripod) Stand which is across Christmas Road and down from me.  Did not get a chance to take a picture of the stand but it is a black molded stand on 4 legs.

Looking out the stand to the left.  

Looking to the right.

Waiting for a deer or a hog with my .270.

Sun going down and nothing yet.

Super Moom and no deer.

To be continued...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...