A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, December 06, 2017

A Saturday Morning Hunt

My Saturday morning hunt was sitting under the Arrowhead Stand because I could not get up in it.  I have killed several deer from it and seen a lot of bucks, does, fawns, a hog and a bobcat that I took a picture of.  Since my right knee replacement last November I have had 3 bouts of cellulitis with a hospital stay and my left foot a venous ulcer with 3 infections.  It was hard to pull myself up in it.  I tried but the rungs are just too far apart for me now.  Plus the fact that I will be 77 next month and truly grateful and thankful I can still get out in the woods and hunt in our great wild outdoors. 

This is facing behind the Arrowhead (tripod) Stand to my left.

Sitting in my folding chair waiting and facing the side and holding my .270.

I took this picture of the Arrowhead Stand walking out to meet Rex at the top of the hill.

Passing by the beautiful fall foliage in the woods.

This is the field facing the front of the stand.

Leaving the field and walking out.  Such a beautiful hunting ground.

Stop to take more pictures of the fall leaves.

Waiting at the gate for Rex to come and pick me up.

My ride back to the camp!

Saw Tim Crosby laying down on his 4-wheeler waiting for Rex's brother Paul to come out of the woods.  Stopped to talk about what we saw and what we didn't see.

Rex and I rode by the 40-acre lake on the property.


We passed by a field of cotton that had been harvested.  The Taj Mahal Stand is in the background where I had killed a 180lb. hog and another one running about 3 years ago.

Back at the camp with Rex pontificating!

Tim splitting firewood.  Afterwards, Rex gave him a hand.

The famous Christmas Place Plantation and Hunting Club camp house.

Storage building to keep 4-wheelers, tractors, etc. across from the camp house on Christmas Road.

To be continued...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...