A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, February 22, 2019

A Foggy Day ~ Mississippi Welcome Center @ Vicksburg

It was a very foggy morning in my hometown of Vicksburg, MS and decided to run by our Mississippi Welcome Center and take some pictures at the river.  Enjoy!

I could only see a partial part of the I-20 bridge but not the old Hwy 80 bridge.

A foggy railroad track.

Kansas City Southern train headed west.

Kansas City Southern engine at the end heading west.

Disappearing into the fog!

Little birds trying to eat a partial biscuit left in the parking lot.  

I had to take the bird pictures in my truck and got out and broke it up into pieces so they could enjoy.

One bird tried to fly off with a piece in its mouth.

A picture I took of the fog that I could finally see the outline of the bridges.  I put this picture on my Facebook timeline.

It's getting better.

Fog is lifting pretty fast now.  

A picture of the old Hwy 80 bridge that the railroad connects east and west.  Talks are underway to open up to pedestrians and I'm looking forward to that day to go on the bridge and take a lot of pictures on the Mighty Mississippi River. 

River Level: 44.72 feet - Change: + 0.40 foot - Flood Stage: 43 feet 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...