A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Some Mississippi River Traffic @ Vicksburg Yesterday

While at the Louisiana Circle yesterday afternoon I saw three towboats, M/V Rick Calhoun, M/V John M. Donnelly heading around the bend at Delta Point with M/V Nashville bringing up the rear.  While there a car pulled up and a couple came over and asked me to take a picture of them with the MS River in the background.  I was able to get the two towboats in the bend of the river in their picture.  I then said, you need to get one with the bridges in the background and they agreed.  I asked the lady where she was from and she said London, England.  I told her I have been there back in '91 & '92 and it was a New Year's Eve tour.  I'm not sure if the gentleman with her was from there now but he told me he went to St. Aloysius High School here and his Uncle is Gordon Cotten who was the curator at the Old Court House Museum.  We had a nice visit and waved goodbye to me as they drove off.  It's so nice to meet and talk to people from other countries.  I'm glad I was there to take their picture together of the Mighty Mississippi River.  

M/V Rick Calhoun

Up-close of M/V Rick Calhoun.


Heading around the sharp bend in MS River @ Vicksburg, MS, called Delta Point.

M/V John M. Donnelly gaining speed.

Up-close of M/V John M. Donnelly.



Making the bend.

M/V Nashville getting ready to make the bend.

M/V Nashville up-close.

An Ergon towboat coming up the rear possibly headed for the Port of Vicksburg.

River Level: 43.80 - Change: + 0.22 foot - Flood Stage: 43 feet

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...