A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Some Back Road Cows

Yesterday, I decided to come home after helping my daughter move into her new home and took the back roads.  It was very refreshing and enjoyed the scenery especially the cows in the pastures.  Here are a few pictures I took when I pulled off the side of the road.    





These guys decided to come and greet me!


While driving I stopped to take this picture of a long train that was sitting still heading west towards my hometown of Vicksburg, MS, most likely going across the Mississippi River.  

I found out that the old Hwy 80 bridge was closed to rail traffic after it was struck by a southbound 30-barge tow.  

The M/V Chad Tregrache operated by Marquette Transportation of Paducah, Kentucky, struck the bridge about 7:04 yesterday morning.  All the barges were grain barges.  

The tow struck pier 3 on the bridge and broke apart, with one barge sinking.  The Mississippi River was closed to barge traffic as well.

A comment has been made that a loose barge on Ole Man River is as dangerous as a loose cannon on a Man O'War ship.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...