A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, April 22, 2019

Picnic Fun @ Vicksburg Riverfront Park

Last Monday my Granddaughter Victoria and hubby Jamie took me on a picnic with my Great Grandson Ian and his cousin Kaylee.  We went by Kentucky Fried Chicken and got box meals and headed for the Vicksburg Riverfront Park.  My lights were still out from the three confirmed tornadoes that hit our city on Saturday afternoon.  Below are some pictures I took of a beautiful day and sunset.  The above picture shows me looking up at the hill which is the Louisiana Circle with the moon rising.   

The Mighty Mississippi River and the two bridges connecting Mississippi to Louisiana. (I-20 & Old Hwy 80)


Where we picnicked.  

Playground

M/V Gretchen C passing by the Vicksburg Riverfront Park.

A supply boat catching up with M/V Gretchen C.





Great Grandson Ian with his cousin, Kaylee having fun.

Mom, Victoria, Kaylee, and Ian

Ian making some cute poses for me on the slide!


What a wonderful time we all had at the Vicksburg Riverfront Park last week.  I'm so fortunate to have my family think of me when we have a crisis in our town.  They live south of town and were not affected by the outages.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...