A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Talking Turkey Hen



The spring turkey season which started March 15th will be ending May 1st (a week from tomorrow) in Mississippi.  Bag limits for the spring season are one adult gobbler (or gobbler with a least a 6-inch beard) per day, not to exceed three per spring season.  I have turkey hunted many times and called two out of the woods into a field while sitting in a deer stand but to far away to make a clean shot.  I have seen turkeys during deer season come right by my stand walking across the main road coming out of a bottom.  Another time while deer hunting in a ground blind about eight turkeys marched right by me heading for a levee in front of my stand. I took pictures of it.  It's always exciting to see turkeys and to hear them while in the great wild Mississippi outdoors!. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...