A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, August 04, 2020

Another Hog Down For The Queen Of Hogs, Kareen!


Kareen's new 350 Legend that her hubby wanted her to try a bolt action and she really likes it. 

A couple of days ago my Facebook friend, Kareen sat out and killed her another hog.  She is on a roll and I wanted to congratulate her on getting rid of those nasty ole hogs in our great wild and wonderful Texas outdoors.  Way to go Kareen and here is her hog story in her own words.

I was out by 10:00 p.m. and I figured nothing would come in. I went to sit out at the deer feeder where the small sounder was coming in. SD card showed the 3 smaller hogs coming in and then two bigger sows would come in later if all was clear. Just some coons showed up but later as I was watching them they ran off like they heard something and sure enough, the 3 smaller hogs showed up. A bigger sow came in but ran off and then she came back in so I waited until she turned so 
I could get a good lung shot because I wanted to see what the 350 Legend would do. Took my shot and I knew I had hit something because of all of the dirt flying. I also had to turn the red dot down so I could see because at first, it was too bright. I went to see what was down and she was still breathing so I put another one in her. I love my new rifle! Roy asked me if I could feel the recoil and I told him I didn't feel it at all because that is not what I am focused on but I think this is going to be a good fit for me. I will like it when the scope gets here though, I like it better than the red dot. Pictures to follow, number 8 for the year, # 178 total, Woo Hoo! Shot her at 12:29 a.m.


1 comment:

Gorges Smythe said...

Good for Kareen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...