A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, August 10, 2020

No. 9 Bites The Dust!

My Facebook friend, Kareen Beinhauer of Alpine, Texas, a.k.a. "The Hog Queen" killed No. 9 of 179 total last Friday night.  Here is her story in her own words and also with the help of her dog, Jack finding it.  My congratulations to Kareen!

She got the one on the far right!

I was out by 10:30 last night. I kept dozing off and all of a sudden (about an hour later) that sounder was there. But for some reason, my motion-activated lights weren't going off. I only had light from one and it wasn't much. I kept looking through my scope but it was hard to see. I finally thought I could see good enough and took my shot but when I went to look there was nothing down and no blood so I thought I had missed which really pissed me off. So this morning I go to get my SD card and I am walking around but didn't think I would find anything. I see Jack eating something and I thought he was eating grass but as I got closer I could see it was a hog. He was pulling the hair out as fast as he could LOL. Medium-sized sow and I shot her in the shoulder. The coyotes had already been on her but there were no buzzards hanging around. That made me very happy so that's 9 for the year and 179 total! 
Way to go Kareen!  So proud of you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could not resist commenting. Perfectly
written!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...