Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...

Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...
Stories of my hunting experiences with family, friends or whatever else I want to blog about.

A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Article by Fred Messina, editor of "On Target Outdoors" from The Vicksburg Evening Post on Friday, January 19, 1990. Photo by Bob Phillips.

Bob Phillips came up the other day with a photo of his wife Marian and a deer she got on Brown's Point New Years Eve. The deer was an 8-point with 16 inches of inside spread that weighed in at 190 pounds. A nice trophy in anyone's book. However, the tale Bob told is that this was Marian's fourth deer this year and he claimed that he would have done better than he did if he had not spent so much time hauling Marian's deer out of the woods. Come off it, Bob. We all know who the hunter was.

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Hunting The Arrowhead Stand


I really enjoy hunting from the Arrowhead stand and it's one of my favorites.  I have seen a lot of deer and also a bobcat at this site.  This past November, I got a 120lb. doe at 85 yards and dropped her in her tracks!  Last Saturday was a beautiful afternoon to hunt and a hog was taken from this stand around 6:30 that morning. Dean said their was two that came out and he got one of them.  I have heard them from the right of the stand down a steep embankment but never seen one.  For about two hours I kept hearing this noise and in my mind, I'm thinking, a BIG OLD BOAR HOG is making it's way up the hill so I can shoot it!  Come to find out, after all the excitement and anticipation, it turned out to be a freaking Armadillo!  It really kept me on my toes for that length of time. Oh well, I know there is one at the famous Christmas Place with my name on it.  It's just a matter of time!  

3 comments:

Yandell Photography said...

i know, armadillos are SO noisy!

CDGardens said...

Activity out of sight leaves our minds to imagine what's out there.

You have some really nice pictures. ;)

Marian Love Phillips said...

Between the armadillos and the opossums and squirrels and chipmunks and birds...Oh my! Thanks for coming by Yandell Photography! :)

I know about that very well CDGardens and can imagine a big deer stepping on a twig and then nothing comes out! Glad you like the pictures...I enjoy taking them. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...