A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Beautiful Outhouses

"Thunderboxes"

Chances are you've never used one, but all this month some of the prettiest outhouses in Texas are on display in downtown San Antonio
The "Thunderbox Road "art exhibit is going on at the Menger Hotel
Here are 9 of 12 full-sized  "Thunderboxes" (or outhouses) painted and decorated in true Texas style. 
Sonja Howle with the "Thunderbox Road" exhibit says, "It was created to pay tribute and showcase the talent we have in the Hill Country artists." 
In February, the exhibit will be at the San Antonio stock Show and Rodeo.
After their tour, the outhouses will be auctioned off to benefit 
medical research and the Western Art Museum in Kerrville.  









5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now doesn't that spruce them up a bit. I like the one with the flames coming out of it.

Virginia said...

MUCH prettier than the outhouses from my childhood!!!!!!!Thanks for sharing.

Marian Ann Love said...

I kinda like that one also Rick! Who would have thought to do something like this back then...

I remember those outhouses also Virginia...we even had one at a hunting camp that my husband belonged to. It was not dressed up that these are! Thanks for coming by Virginia and Rick and glad you liked them. A worthy cause! :)

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

Love it! Our town did something like this but it was with cows. I like the outhouses better. I bet they just make you smile when you ride by them....I know I would giggle each time

Marian Ann Love said...

I love it too LB @ BulletsandBiscuits...I had a guy to make a comment on Facebook that he was more concerned with what the inside looked like! :) Thanks for coming by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...