A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Hunting The Arrowhead Stand


I really enjoy hunting from the Arrowhead stand and it's one of my favorites.  I have seen a lot of deer and also a bobcat at this site.  This past November, I got a 120lb. doe at 85 yards and dropped her in her tracks!  Last Saturday was a beautiful afternoon to hunt and a hog was taken from this stand around 6:30 that morning. Dean said their was two that came out and he got one of them.  I have heard them from the right of the stand down a steep embankment but never seen one.  For about two hours I kept hearing this noise and in my mind, I'm thinking, a BIG OLD BOAR HOG is making it's way up the hill so I can shoot it!  Come to find out, after all the excitement and anticipation, it turned out to be a freaking Armadillo!  It really kept me on my toes for that length of time. Oh well, I know there is one at the famous Christmas Place with my name on it.  It's just a matter of time!  

3 comments:

Yandell Photography said...

i know, armadillos are SO noisy!

CDGardens said...

Activity out of sight leaves our minds to imagine what's out there.

You have some really nice pictures. ;)

Marian Ann Love said...

Between the armadillos and the opossums and squirrels and chipmunks and birds...Oh my! Thanks for coming by Yandell Photography! :)

I know about that very well CDGardens and can imagine a big deer stepping on a twig and then nothing comes out! Glad you like the pictures...I enjoy taking them. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...