A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, February 07, 2011

Visiting the Kentucky Monument

Yesterday, was a beautiful day in Vicksburg and walkers and runners were out in droves in our Vicksburg National Military Park.  Bob and I decided to get some ice cream and go for a short drive through the park.  One of the stops was at the south loop where I got out and took some pictures at the Kentucky Monument.  Since the last time that I visited this particular monument it has been upgraded with a new parking space and a nice walkway.  I was surprised that it was so soft to walk on and never seen a walkway like this before.  The Kentucky Monument depicts life size sculptures of Abraham Lincoln and Jefferson Davis.  I hope you enjoy the snapshots that I took. To be continued...

     You had to walk approximately 100 yards or more to get to the monument.

Sun was so bright that I took this picture from the backside.


Side view.

Abraham Lincoln

Jefferson Davis

Abe's top hat!

Jefferson Davis' hat!

Me in the shadow of two great men in history!

1 comment:

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks DeanO - Glad you liked them...it is a beautiful park and will have more to share tomorrow. Thanks for coming by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...