A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Hunting The Taj Mahal

Rex (Deer Camp Blog) and Mark dropped me off at the "newest" deer stand, Taj Mahal!  What a deer stand!  Deer were already in the field waiting on me!  I could barely make them out and gradually saw two does with a fork n' horn grazing.  When I took this picture the buck had already left the scene and traveled over towards the Levee Stand to the left. Moments later the does went back into the brush.  No more deer came out.  I hunted until 9:00 and Bob (Two Dogs) said he saw me from where he was across the field getting down to leave the stand.  It was such a beautiful morning that I decided to walk back to camp.  While on the way, Davin and Dean stopped on the gator to let me know that they were headed to get Dean's hog that he had killed earlier off the Arrowhead stand.  It was shaping up to be a great day for hog and deer...and it was!

Looking towards the main road from the Taj!

Levee stand to the far left of the 'Taj' near the road.

To the far right towards where Bob was hunting.

Zoomed in and got this picture of Bob near the Elbow Stand after I glassed him.

Shadow of the Taj Mahal!

The Taj Mahal Deer Stand!  

Picture of Davin on the left with his son Dean and hog.  His 45.70 kicked him in the nose since he had to shoot at an angle to get his hog from behind a tree.  My congrats again to Dean on his fine hog kill!

3 comments:

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

I dig the Taj Mahal...that's my kind of stand! Great looking kills too.

Main Line Sportsman said...

That is one helluva deer stand...I never hunted from anything remotely that cool....

Marian Ann Love said...

I dig the Taj Mahal too LB@BulletsandBiscits...it's really nice to hunt out of it.

Like Main Line Sportsman said...helluva deer stand! :)

Thanks for the visit guys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...