Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...

Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...
Stories of my hunting experiences with family, friends or whatever else I want to blog about.

A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Article by Fred Messina, editor of "On Target Outdoors" from The Vicksburg Evening Post on Friday, January 19, 1990. Photo by Bob Phillips.

Bob Phillips came up the other day with a photo of his wife Marian and a deer she got on Brown's Point New Years Eve. The deer was an 8-point with 16 inches of inside spread that weighed in at 190 pounds. A nice trophy in anyone's book. However, the tale Bob told is that this was Marian's fourth deer this year and he claimed that he would have done better than he did if he had not spent so much time hauling Marian's deer out of the woods. Come off it, Bob. We all know who the hunter was.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Opening Rifle Season This Weekend in MS

I just love this picture taken by Mike Persichini of Troy, MI, who is my friend on Facebook.  He can really capture deer and nature in its grandest form.  I have made this particular one my wallpaper on my computer.

I have really enjoyed the foliage this fall.  It has been spectacular to say the least.  I love the way this deer is laying on the floor of the forest with the vibrant colors of fall around him.  Looks as if he's enjoying his territory "home" as well.

This weekend is "opening day" of rifle season here in Mississippi and I'm looking forward to getting on my deer stand and hunting.

I want to wish all my hunting blogger friends a very successful hunting season in our great wild outdoors!    GOODHUNTING!

9 comments:

Lindsjö taxar said...

Good luck Marian! Hope you will get a big one...Our huntingseason with our dogs is until last January if we dont have snow. Last year came a lot of snow came mid November and very cold. It was a very short hunting season unfortunately.

Marian Love Phillips said...

Thanks so much Majron! I hope to get a deer. Our hunting season will also last until the end of January.

Wishing you the best of luck this season and keep me posted. Send a picture also and I will post it here for you if you get one!

GOODHUNTING! :)

DeanO said...

WOW - is that an awesome picture! I can see why you would use it as wallpaper for your pc. Happy hunting my friend. If all goes well I'll be in a stand early tomorrow morning looking for a couple nice Doe's for the freezer. :)

Marian Love Phillips said...

Thanks DeanO and happy hunting to you as well! Go get'em! :)

JDP said...

Good Luck Marian!

JDP

Marian Love Phillips said...

Thanks so much JDP - I will give it my best shot! :)

DeanO said...

Marian - it was simply much to windy. I suppose the wind was the residual of the big storm which moved through the S.E. but I figured it was safer to stay out of the woods. Next time I'll go get'em! That being said; I'm watching the back 40 like a hawk!

Elena said...

Such a beautiful shot. I love the photo.

Marian Love Phillips said...

DeanO - you may be right watching your back 40 right under you nose! :)

Thanks Elena - Mike can really take some beautiful pictures I have ever seen. He is very talented and has a very good camera also.

Thanks to you and DeanO for your visit! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...