A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, November 25, 2011

An Hour of Hunting

After our Thanksgiving Dinner at my daughter's place in Learned, MS, we headed back to Faye's to get an hour hunt in via the Natchez Trace Parkway.  Bob did not hunt and visited with Faye as I hunted.  Got all set up around 4:30.  My daughter, Kathy and Faye, cleared some brush and was able to move the one-man stand to the right and down near a higher slope so when you sat down you would be level instead of lending on an incline.  To the right is where Kathy saw the doe late Wednesday evening and it was too late to get a shot.  So that is where I anticipated and concentrated on her to come through...but you never know.    

It's almost 4:55 and the sun it getting ready to go down.

The two trees right in front of me is where she came in up the hill.  I did not see her and it was 5 mins. to closing time and heard stomping...Uh, oh...she was looking at me and I could not see her.  My night perception is not the best at my age.  Then she crossed from the two trees in front of me to the left but could not get my gun up in time to make a shot.  I guess I looked like a BIG bump on a log and she was trying to make me move.  She took off down the hill, blew and stomped and blew in stomped.  I thought she was going to stomp the hill down!  Oh well, it was nice to see a deer and was a big doe!  My daughter and I plan to hunt next Thursday when she is off from work and we are going to toss a coin as to who will hunt there.  The one who loses will have to go to the chicken coop to hunt!  My husband had a dream last night that I won the toss and got the deer!  I hope his dream comes true but more than that, I hope my daughter gets the deer!

5 comments:

Lindsjö taxar said...

Ohh ...sorry for you. But thats hunting...not every time you can shoot. How many times I have had moose in front of me. To far away, they run to fast, forbidden animal.
Tomorrow moose hunt, we have bull over 6 tags (is that the right word) and calves. We dont shoot the females.

Marian Ann Love said...

I know...it's hunting. Can't always see or get a deer. Timing has to be just right. Good Luck tomorrow on your moose hunt...will check out your blog to see how it went! Take care and be safe my Sweden hunting friend :)

Marian Ann Love said...

Let's keep our fingers crossed...if it's meant to be...it will happen! Thanks for the encouragement DeanO! :)

CDGardens said...

Let's go even as far to say that both stands will be productive; so both you and your daughter will take home the venison the next time around. :)

Marian Ann Love said...

I will take that as a YES, CDGardens! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...