A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, November 07, 2011

Happy Blogoversary To Me!

Today, November 7, 2011, is my 5th Blogoversary!  I can’t believe it has been 5 years already and have met so many nice people who enjoy the sport of hunting as much as I do. 

It all started one day while online reading my next door neighbor’s blog and thought to myself…why not make a blog of my own!  I thought I would start out blogging about my love of hunting and post deer hunts with stories and pictures of my husband, family and friends.  That’s when Marian’sHunting Stories, etc., etc., etc., was born.
 
As you can see from the archives, I did not blog from December 2006 to the end of January 2007.  I lost all interest until January 29, 2007.  At that time, I had my own personal website, “A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter,” which I have now converted into a blog.  A nice guy came by my site by way of a forum and took the time to sign my guestbook.  I always send a message of thanks to anyone who signs it!  I found out that this person was also a Mississippian and later on through his e-mails and calls, he encouraged me to continue to write more about my hunting experiences.  Now, after five years, he is still my mentor and dear friend to both my husband and I.  He’s a very fine southern gentleman and you could not meet anyone nicer.  You may know him by the name of Rex Howell, a.k.a., Editor, over at DeerCamp Blog.  If it wasn’t for him, I would not be here today celebrating my 5th anniversary with you.  I owe him a great deal of gratitude for taking the time to stop by my website and from that moment has grown into a true friendship that will forever last.    

I also want to THANK YOU, all my readers, for your support, comments, emails, friendship and love.  I look forward to your visits and another year of posting to Marian’s Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc.

8 comments:

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks so much DeanO - Happy hunting to you as well my friend! :)

Blessed said...

Happy Blogoversy to you! I'm not a great commenter but I do enjoy your posts - especially your photo posts!

Editor said...

happy anniversary!!!!!!!
PS time to sight in the old rifles

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks so much for coming by Tenna in Toronto! :)

Blessed - I appreciate your comment and glad you like my pictures that I post! :)

Editor - Thanks so much my deer friend and rifles are sited in and ready to go! :)

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

Happy Happy Anniversary!

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks LB Bullets And Biscuits for your kind wishes. I hope to be posting another five more years if the Lord's willing and the creek don't rise! ;)

michael said...

Happy blogoversary!!!!

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks Michael for coming by with your good wishes! So nice of you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...